Professional Cookery Advanced City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma at Guildford College
This Advanced Cookery qualification is ideal for those wishing to progress within the industry to more responsible and senior roles.
This qualification aims to equip you with the necessary skills to enrol on these career paths and to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the Hospitality and Catering sector.
Practical lessons are delivered in a kitchen and restaurant environment. Some classroom theory classes.
- Taught by professional tutors with industry experience
- Access to our industry standard training kitchens
- We have our own Parkroom Restaurant, which is open to the public
- Guildford College offers a fully functioning real work environment
- Facilities closely replicate industry standards, giving you a realistic understanding of what life will be like in this exciting industry
All 16-19 year olds on full-time programmes will be required to retake GCSE English and Maths or to undertake Functional Skills, if they have not already attained the equivalent of a GCSE grade C in these subjects, every year of their course, until they complete their studies.
- Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Supervisory Skills in the Hospitality Industry
- Exploring Gastronomy
- Advanced Skills and Techniques in Producing Vegetable and Vegetarian Dishes
- Advanced Skills and Techniques in Producing Meat Dishes
- Advanced Skills and Techniques in Producing Poultry and Game Dishes
- Advanced Skills and Techniques in Producing Fish and Shellfish Dishes; Produce Dough and Batter Products
- Produce Petits Fours
- Produce Paste Products
- Produce Hot, Cold and Frozen Desserts
- Produce Biscuits, Cakes and Sponges
- Food Product Development
To join this course you must have completed vocational employment within the industry and have completed Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery.
The types of assessments include: knowledge and understanding tasks, internally marked questions, individual practical tasks and synoptic practical assessments.
On successful completion you could go on to study at degree level, complete a higher (Level 4) Apprenticeship or pursue employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.