Floristry Level 3 Diploma at Bath College
This course will inspire you to create innovative designs in floristry using your previously acquired knowledge and skills. Contemporary designs will be assembled in the floristry studio to reflect the requirements of the industry. You will also need to undertake work experience in a florist shop for a minimum of 80 hours, in addition to the course.
- The creative design process for florists
- Diverse flower and plant care
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse tied floristry designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for weddings
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs
- Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse funeral designs
- Working in the floristry industry
- Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services
- Function and event decoration using floral displays
- Level 2 Certificate / Diploma in Floristry or extensive experience in the floristry industry
Your assessment will be based on practical floristry skills and personal portfolio.
As a qualified florist you can progress into a career in retail floristry or a related service industry. Previous students have worked in the following areas: Cruise ships, international hotel and event decoration including marketing and wholesale. Alternatively, after extensive commercial experience, a Level 4 qualification can be studied.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.