Professional Cookery Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
This course is for learners who wish to gain a recognised catering qualification whilst working in industry, in establishments such as Restaurants, Hotels, Public Houses and Café Bars.
A foundation Apprenticeship, validated by City and Guilds, comprising of the following framework:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) – Technical Certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Learners will complete a variety of units to make up their NVQ, which will include:
- Soups and sauces
- Rice dishes
- Fish dishes
- Meat and poultry dishes
- Health and safety
- Food safety
- Use of knives
- Other units are available and the NVQ can be adapted to suit the apprentices place of employment.
GCSE grades A-D in Maths and English, successful college interview, Skills assessment, assessment of Maths and English, interview with employer and 2 week work trial.
- The NVQ course is broken down into units. When you have completed this section you will be assessed on your practical skills and questioned about your theoretical knowledge.
- When you have completed all required units you will be awarded the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery. You will only be awarded the Apprenticeship on successful completion of the full framework.
Successful completion at this level could lead to the opportunity to complete a part-time Level 3, Advanced Apprenticeship or seek employment in industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.