French A-Level at Landau Forte Sixth Form College
To learn another language is, quite simply and profoundly, one of the best ways of learning to recognise the world and to see how others inhabit it. It is an education in difference as a pathway to understanding how to contribute to integration and fellowship or global citizenship. (Michael Worton)
This course is designed to encourage candidates to:
- Develop an interest in, and an enthusiasm for language learning
- Develop understanding of the language in a variety of contexts and genres
- Communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes
- Develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken.
- Consider their study of the language in a broader context
- Derive enjoyment and benefit from language learning
- Acquire knowledge, skills and understanding for practical use, further study and/or employment
- Communicate with speakers of the language and take their place in a multilingual global society
GCSE A* - C in French
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte Sixth Form College directly.