Economics A-Level at Landau Forte Sixth Form College
Economics is an exciting and highly topical subject, particularly at the moment given the current economic climate. The subject is based on real life situations and will give students the opportunity to develop their analytical and evaluative skills. It develops an understanding of economic concepts and theories through a critical consideration of current economic issues, problems and institutions as they are applied to everyday life and ‘real-world’ phenomena.
- Develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the study of the subject.
- Appreciate the contribution of economics to the understanding of the wider economic and social environment.
- Develop an understanding of a range of concepts and an ability to use these concepts in a variety of different contexts.
- Use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of economics and develop the ability to think as an economist.
- Develop skills, qualities and attitudes that will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.
GCSE A* - C in Mathematics and English
Economics is a versatile subject that can help you in a number of careers. Not only could you find yourself working for big corporations, banks or the government but your qualification in Economics could also be valuable support in a career like marketing, law, journalism or teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte Sixth Form College directly.