Food & Beverage Service - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme will provide opportunities to learn and demonstrate the understanding and skills essential for working in a hospitality environment. It covers the breadth of food and beverage functions from everyday functions such as serving alcoholic drinks
to providing silver service. Delivery is teaching, support and assessment direct into
For people working, or wishing to work, in a wide range of hospitality and catering businesses who have a responsibility to provide a food and drink service to customers.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food & Beverage Service)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Serve food at the table
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Leadership and Supervision or other Management Training at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.