Animal Care - Intermediate Apprenticeship at Total People
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Animal Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care and Welfare/ Dog Grooming / Pet Care and Retail (depending on your job role)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Length of the course - 20 months approximately
During the Apprenticeship you will cover areas such as:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Promote and maintain the health and well-being of animals
- Deliver basic treatments to animals
- Select and prepare accommodation for animals
- Moving animals between locations
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Who is it for?
If you love the idea of working with animals, then an Apprenticeship in Animal Care could be the route for you!
Working in the animal care industry means being responsible for the general welfare, supervision of animals. You may want to consider a job in the industry that has been described as both exciting and rewarding.
There are a diverse range of establishments such as; boarding kennels, day kennels, catteries, petting farms and pet shops . Whatever type of company you work for they will always require services for the care of their animals.
Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care and Welfare/ Dog Grooming / Pet Care and Retail (depending on your job role)
In order to start an Animal Care Apprenticeship at either Level 2 or 3, you need to have a job or a placement in the industry as it is a work-based qualification.
You do not always need academic qualifications to start training for a career with animals. However, some employers may prefer you to have a good standard of general Education such as GCSE's, including English and maths.
Fully funded for employers with less than 1000 employees. For employers with 1000+ employees, please contact us for further details.
Aged 24 and over
Total People require employers to make a contribution towards the cost for all learners aged 24 years and over, embarking on an Apprenticeship.
Please visit our website for further information
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Total People directly.