Caring for Children: Level 1 NCFE CACHE Diploma at NESCOT
This qualification aims to give you the basic knowledge necessary to care for children of a variety of ages, learning how to keep them healthy and safe.
You will learn the importance of both play and healthy eating in the growth and development of children and the projects you undertake will develop your own interpersonal and life skills. As part of the course you may be offered the opportunity to undertake work experience in a childcare setting.
The course will include:
- An understanding of your role as a responsible citizen and member of the community
- How humans grow and develop from birth to old age
- An understanding of a balanced diet to ensure healthy growth and development
- How to keep children safe and healthy in the home and in group settings
- How to care for children at different ages, and their basic needs
- The role of an adult in supporting children's play and how children play as part of learning and development
- Basic principles of effective work with children.
Unit 1 Personal development
Unit 2 Human growth and development from birth to old age
Unit 3 Food and nutrition
Unit 4 Health and safety in the home and group settings
Unit 5 Care of children
Unit 6 Play and practical activities
Unit 7 Orientation to work programme.
A minimum of grade E in GCSE maths and English, and a satisfactory reference from your school.
This qualification should act as a stepping stone, enabling you to move into employment or on to further study at Level 2.
Potential career routes in the Childcare industry:
- Children’s nurse
- Crèche assistant
- Early years teacher
- Holiday childcare representative
- Hospital play specialist
- Learning & development
- Nursery assistant
- Nursery manager
- Paediatric nursing
- Primary school teaching
- Residential warden
- Special care baby unit assistant
- Special needs teaching assistant
- Teaching assistant
DBS may be required (£52). Cooking and craft materials - £75
A range of visits will be arranged for which travel costs would be approximately £15 each.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.