Applied Travel & Tourism AS & A Level at Presdales School
- Unit 1 The Travel and Tourism Industry (examination)
- Unit 2 The Travel and Tourism Customer (coursework)
- Unit 4 Destination Britain (coursework)
- Unit 7 Responsible Tourism (examination)
- Unit 8 Current Issues in Travel and Tourism (individual research project)
- Unit 10 Promotion and Sales in Travel and Tourism (examination)
Three further modules exploring Travel Organisations, Visitor Attractions and Employment Opportunities.
Students are required to have obtained at least a grade C in both of GCSE Mathematics and English Language, as well as obtaining 5 GCSE grades C or above in all subjects.
This is made up of half external tests and half coursework. The examinations will take place in June. The coursework will be completed throughout the year and submitted for moderation in May.
This course is ideal preparation for entry into the travel industry. Many universities including Hertfordshire and Luton offer award-winning programmes of degree and HND courses in travel-related disciplines.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Presdales School directly.