History AS and A2 at Broughton Hall High School
There are many different reasons to study history, as it is a fantastic combination of all the other school subjects.
• helps you discover how your world evolved
• helps you develop the skills to look beyond the headlines, to ask questions properly, and to express your own opinions
• trains your mind and teaches you how to think and process information
• helps students become rounded individuals who develop an understanding of both past and present
• helps you understand the origins of modern political and social problems
• provides you with the skills employers are looking for
This course is open to students who have achieved grade A*-B in English and in History. Applications from pupils that do not have GCSE History are welcome providing that the pupil has obtained at least five GCSEs at grade B and above in other subjects. Each application will be considered on its individual merits.
The History Department at Broughton Hall High School recognise the value of study trips in supporting the teaching and learning of any History course. It can effectively enable students to experience first hand places, people and issues, bringing to life the topics being studied.
Considered as an enabling subject History at an advanced level provides a wide and varied base for entry into university and many professions. It can successfully be combined with both arts and science subjects as a foundation for further education. Career paths for History graduates are wide-ranging and include Teaching, Law, Archaeology, Librarian, Archivist, Curator, Business and Personnel Management, Local and National Government posts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Broughton Hall High School directly.