IB Diploma Mathematics (Standard Level) - Block D @ The Leigh Academy at LAT16 Leigh
This course aims to enable students to:
- enjoy and develop an appreciation of the elegance and power of mathematics
- employ and refine their powers of abstraction and generalization
- develop logical, critical and creative thinking, and patience and persistence in problem-solving
- appreciate the moral, social and ethical implications arising from the work of mathematicians and the application of mathematics.
· Pure mathematics
· Personal Project
- 5+ A*-C (9-4) grades in GCSEs
- Grade 6 GCSE Mathematics
This qualification is made up of 80% external assessment split between two equal weighted exam papers (both require a graphical calculator) and 20% internally assessed project.
This course will prepare you for an Undergraduate degree course at University.
Careers could include:
- Research Scientist
Dina Grozdanic, DoL Mathematics
Melissa Sullivan, KS5 Mathematics
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.