Maths and English (Functional Skills) Entry Level 2 at Goldwyn 6th Form College
All students who have not achieved a grade C or above in GCSE Maths and/or English will be required to continue studying maths & English as part of their vocational studies.
Functional Skills have widespread recognition across small and large employers and are benefiting learners because they focus on helping you require skills that are valued by employers. Achieving a good grade in maths and English are central to work and life as well as better life chances and greater achievement.
- Reading a range of texts and finding information needed in a text
- Reading closely for detailed understanding
- Identifying and understanding the main points in a paragraph
- Identifying and understanding texts in detail • Identifying and understanding how texts are presented
- Finding information in tables and charts
- Formal and informal discussion
- Writing for audience
- Writing for purpose
- Understanding form
- Understanding style
- Planning and organising writing
- Writing in paragraphs
- Using main points and details
- Writing effective sentences
- Writing clearly and logically
Working with fractions, decimals and percentages, Working with Ratio, proportion, formulae and equations, Working with measures, Working with shape and space Working with Data and averages, Working with probability
For functional Skills assessments, there are both paper-based tests as well as online exams
Having level 2 Functional Skills in both English and maths which is the equivalent of having an 9-4 in GCSE will help you with both your employment opportunities and continuing in your education and training.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.