Plumbing and Heating Level 2 Diploma at Hull College Group
An exciting opportunity to gain a formal plumbing qualification. Join and learn from a team of industry trained staff to learn and develop practical and theoretical plumbing skills.
By the end of the course you will be able to install copper, steel and plastic pipework.
You will be able to plan and install bathrooms, radiators, cylinders and cisterns.
- Practical Plumbing Skills
- Cold Water Systems
- Hot Water Systems
- Central Heating Systems
- Sanitation Systems
There are 10 mandatory theory units which must be completed; assessments are carried out by online multi choice exams.
These include Health and Safety, Environmental Awareness, Cold Water, Hot Water, Central Heating, Sanitation, Rain Water, Communicating with Others, Site Preparation and Scientific Principles.
- Maths & English at Level 1 or above.
- British Plumbers Employers Council (BPEC) assessment and tests are designed and specified.
- There are practical assessments, assessed by approved College staff and ten online computer tests.
- The candidate must pass all assessments and tests to obtain the full Diploma.
- You will need to provide protective work clothes, footwear, purchase the plumbing and gas uniform polo short and basic study materials.
- Students will also be required to purchase a Hull College polo shirt for the course (approx. £8). Information regarding this will be provided at interview.
- Level 2 Apprentice
- Employment/Work experience to complete NVQ
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
Textbooks are available in the College library and there may be time outside the 10 hours course time when you need to use the College’s library facility so that assignments can be completed on time.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.