Land-Based Studies Level 1 Certificate at Newbury College
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Land-based Studies has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a nationally recognised Entry or Level 1 vocationally related qualification
- Progress to employment in the land-based sector
- Progress to related vocational qualifications
During this qualification you will gain knowledge, experience and skills working with a wide range of pet animals, exotics and farm livestock. Typical modules taken are:
- Assist with Catching and Restraining a Small Animal
- Groom a Small Animal
- Working in a Team
- Interview Skills
- Work Experience
- Skills Project
Course work and assignments throughout the year.
Level 2 Extended Certificate in Animal Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newbury College directly.