Bricklaying - Level 2 at South Devon College
A Bricklaying apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone that enjoys working with their hands, being a team and working in a variety of environments. This apprenticeship combines workshop instruction, classroom teaching and workplace experience, which takes place over the course of two years. You will be expected to find employment with an experienced general builder (which the College can support you in finding) with the core work in bricklaying. You will be fully involved in all aspects of the building industry, making this a great opportunity for you to gain extensive experience with residential and site work.
What will I learn?
- General safety in the workplace
- Moving and handling of resources
- Setting out brickwork
- Buildng brickwork
- Domestic drainage
- Concrete - driveways, paths and steps
- Plastering and rendering in the workplace
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.