Engineering Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The NVQ is achieved by the creation of a portfolio of evidence from the workplace and supported by regular on site assessments. Apprentices also attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop their skills. In addition, there are regular progress monitoring and support visits to the workplace.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following five components:
1. NVQ3 Extended Diploma in Engineering available in 5 pathways:
- Fabrication & Welding or
- Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering or
- Electrical & Electronic or
- Technical Support
- Engineering Maintenance
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering drawings and documents
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
Optional Units for Pathways
- To suit business needs
2. Technical Certificate: BTEC Diploma in Engineering (Level 3)
3. Functional Skills: English, Maths & IT Level 2
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within an engineering environment. The entry criteria are staff
aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Please note: The candidate may be required to complete an additional academic year if they have not already achieved a Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 qualification.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.