Travel and Tourism Level 3 at Wiltshire College
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to embark on a career in the travel and tourism industry. You will look at different types of organisations within the industry - from travel agents to travel companies, as well as studying such topics as customer service and marketing and expanding your knowledge of tourist destinations and visitor attractions.
The course is made up of compulsory core units and specialist units. Part of the course will include trips to various travel and tourism facilities and assignments will be set relating to these visits. In the past we have visited Bath Spa, Cruise ships, Virgin Airlines, London and Thorpe Park, with residentials to Majorca, Mykonos and Gran Canaria.
The College will subsidise the cost of transport but you will be expected to pay for the visits. There may also be residential study trips during the course of your studies (locations vary from campus to campus).
• The Business of Travel and Tourism
• The UK as a Destination
• Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
• Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
• Long Haul Travel Destinations
• European Destinations
• Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
• Retail Travel Operations
• Working as a Holiday Representative
• Tourism in Rural Areas
• UK Visitor Attractions
• Responsible Tourism
• Handling Air Passengers
• Investigating the Cruise Industry
• Organising a Study Visit
• Entertainment for Holiday Makers
• Business Travel Operations
You will also study the following:
- Resort Rep in year 1
- Cabin Crew in year 2, should you progress on to the Extended Diploma
4 GCSEs grade A*-C. Must include English and Maths (or Merit or Distinction in a related subject at Level 2)
A good reference and a satisfactory interview
Upon completion of this course you could progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism, look to secure an apprenticeship within the leisure industry or pursue a career as:
- Tourist information Centre
- Tour operator
- Travel agent
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.