Creative Media Production Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Highbury College
This programme is for students who wish to combine a vocational approach to Media with an A Level.
Your A Level can be chosen from the wide range on offer.
You can, for example, combine a vocational approach to your studies with an A Level in a business, science, art or humanities subject.
You will learn in a variety of ways, including demonstrations, skills workshops and formal lessons.
In Year 1 you will complete the Subsidiary Diploma and an AS Level.
In Year 2 you will complete the six additional units for the Diploma and a full A Level.
You will also have the opportunity to complete the Extended Project. The Extended Project prepares you for university-style study and attracts university entrance points (UCAS points).
The units you will study are:
Year 1 Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to 1 A Level);
- Pre-Production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries;
- Communication Skills for Creative Media Production;
- Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries;
- Writing for TV and Video;
- Understanding Television and Film Industries;
- Multi Camera Techniques;
- Designing Idents for Television;
- Year 1 of your A Level (AS Level).
Year 2 Diploma (equivalent to 2 A Levels):
- Creative Media Production Management Project;
- Working to a Brief in the Creative Media Industries;
- Understanding the Creative Media Sector;
- Single Camera Techniques;
- Marketing and Public Relations;
- Social Action and Community Media Production.
- Year 2 of your A Level (A2):
- The Extended Project qualification
- You will need four GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and a minimum grade D in Maths or a full Level 2 qualification, at merit grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Acceptance onto this programme is subject to interview and initial assessment.
Assessment will be a mix of coursework portfolio and exams. The number of exams will depend on your A Level choice.
Most of our students progress to either Foundation Degrees or Honours based study at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.