Engineering (Manufacturing) Foundation Diploma Level 3 at York College
You will develop a broad understanding of engineering theory and industry practice, which has a manufacturing engineering bias. The course is made up from 4 mandatory units and 3 optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Engineering Principles (Maths and Science)
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
The 3 optional units may include topics such as:
- Computer Aided Design in Engineering
- Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes
- Manufacturing Computer Numerical Control Machining Processes
5 GCSEs at grade C or above which must include Maths (grade 5 or above) (Higher Level Paper), English (grade 4 or above) and a Science. Consideration would be given to students with relevant industrial experience.
Assessment is a mix of internal and external assignments and an external exam.
Please note that students will need to provide their own Personal and Protective Equipment; steel toe capped boots and overalls. Please note you will not be allowed into the workshops without these.
This can lead to the National Extended Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering (traditionally the second year of this course) or an Apprenticeship in Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.