Physics A level at Friesland School
If you choose Physics you will begin a journey from the tiniest part of an atom to the widest reaches of the universe and begin to delve into big questions that scientists such as Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Sir Isaac Newton have tried to answer. From Medicine to Engineering, from Law and Finance to Architecture, Physics is one of the subjects that opens more doors than almost any other subject.
You would be joining a successful and wellresourced department. Numbers taking Physics are increasing rapidly due to our reputation for enthusiastically delivering an exciting course, and our excellent results. Last year, 36% achieved an “A” grade at A level Physics.
In recent years, we have led exciting trips to the Moscow Space Centre and to CERN near Geneva.
• Module 1: Mechanics: Forces and motion, work and energy; materials and how they behave under stress.
• Module 2: Electrons, Waves and Photons: Current electricity, resistance, DC circuits. Waves in light and music. Quantum physics.
• Practical Skills in Physics 1 Internally assessed practical. Performed in controlled conditions.
• Module 1: Newtonian World: Newton’s Laws and momentum. Circular motion on Earth and in space. The physics of vibrations. Thermal physics.
• Module 2: Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics: Electrical and magnetic fields and capacitors. Nuclear Physics. Medical applications of Physics. Cosmology: modelling the Universe
• Practical Skills in Physics 2Internally assessed practical. Performed in controlled conditions.
B in Maths and Science/Physics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Friesland School directly.