Travel and Tourism City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
The 1-year Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Travel & Tourism consists of 8 units of study of which 2 are compulsory:
- Interpersonal skills for the travel and tourism workplace
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel & tourism
Further units specialise in particular aspects of the industry, for example
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- Resort Representatives
- The structure of the UK travel industry
- Travel and tourism support services
- Tour operations
- Activity tourism
- Spanish Language
Alongside this to you will study additional units in Aviation Operations and Spanish to support and enhance your studies and employability, as well as Maths and English in either GSCE or Functional Skills.
A minimum of 90% attendance and high standards of personal presentation are expected throughout the year. Students studying this programme will wear a compulsory uniform.
To be awarded the City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory and 5 optional units. Functional Skills is also incorporated, as is a Personal & Professional Development qualification and individual tutorials.
- 4 GCSEs grades D and above including English
- City and Guilds Introductory Diploma Level 1 in Travel and Tourism
- Or relevant industrial experience
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Complete a selection process
Assessment will take a variety of forms including:
- Written assignments and reports
- Practical role plays
- Formal presentations - to a panel of assessors
- Controlled tests
Progression could be to another related Level 2 course such as Aviation Environment or Cabin Crew. Higher progression onto a level 3 qualification in either Travel or Airport related studies is also an option. It can be used to support applications for level 3 apprenticeships in travel too.
Learners will improve their chances of gaining employment in the travel and tourism industry such as travel agencies, tour operators, visitor attractions and overseas work such as resort representatives whilst improving their own communication and vocational skills. These will support employment in any other customer service role too.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.