Product Design: Graphics A-Level at Abbeywood Community School
Students will have a keen interest in Design and Technology. They will need to possess good graphic and practical skills and enthusiasm for design. They should be able to work independently and with others demonstrating good organisational skills and time management. Students should be creative and should be able to use their own initiative.
What will I study?
As part of the course students will participate in five main areas:
- Design activities, which include an understanding of the design process and the manufacture of products
- Develop experience of design and communication
- Develop their use of IT within graphic design
- Learn what resources are available for designing and making
- Learn the relevance of design in society
How will I learn?
Through focused practical tasks, theory sessions and coursework tasks.
5 GCSE grades A*- C including English Language and grade C or above in a relevant Design and Technology GCSE, or a suitable portfolio of work if GCSE not taken.
Through practical coursework projects and written examinations during and at the end of each year.
A foundation and degree course could then be followed which could lead to various career opportunities in interior design, product design, fashion design, package design, design engineering or architecture.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Abbeywood Community School directly.