3D Design (Display & Visual Merchandising) Level 3 Extended Diploma at Hertford Regional College
You now have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of 3D design and increase your skills base in the art of presenting products, images or information. You will participate in a two week work placement, learn how to handle a wider variety of merchandise, design and make more ambitious props for window displays, theatre sets or exhibitions. You will also learn alternative techniques for producing higher quality client presentations for your portfolio, to enable you to progress to either work or higher education.
- Designing, building and installing display schemes and handling merchadise.
- Designing and producing display graphics and client presentations.
- Specialist contextual studies and visual studies.
- FS Maths or GCSE Maths for those without an existing L2 qualification.
- Successful completion of L3 90 Credit Diploma in 3D Design Display and Visual Merchadising (Other equivalent L3 art & design qualifiactions will be considered)
- GCSE English Grade C-A* or Functional Skills English at L2
You will complete a series of assignments that sre graded throught the course, culminating in your Final Major Projext (counts for two units).You must pass all of the remaining 9 course units covered by the assignments to attain the extended diploma.
- Employment is display, exhibition, prop-making or events industry.
- Higher Education at HRC: Foundation Degree in Visual Merchadising or 3D Design
- University Degree courses in Theatre Studies, Interior Design, Events Design, or Musuem and Exhibition Design.
All students will take part in our enrichment programme, which will include visits to galleries, trade exhibitions and London Stores. Functional Skills in English and Maths are an intergral part of the course. You will also have the oppotunity to take part in additional activities organised by Student Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.