French A level at Leyton Sixth Form College
This course is ideal for students who...
- Have an interest in developing fluency and understanding in one of those languages well beyond GCSE standards.
- Enjoy using the language to express their opinions and justifying their comments on a broad range of social issues.
- Enjoy reading and writing in a foreign language and learning about other cultures.
- Wish to carry out research into other countries and their history, geography, society and the arts.
1. Youth culture and concerns.
2. Lifestyle, health and fitness.
3. The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues.
4. Education and Employment
5. Customs, traditions, beliefs and religions.
6. Social issues (equality, discrimination, immigration, new technologies, etc.)
7. Literature and the arts.
C/5 – English Language, B – French (native speakers without these qualifications will also be considered)
Exam board – Edexcel, OCR
This course may be taken as a self-contained AS level (one year) or a full A level (two years) leading to a University degree as a main course of study or as an additional component in combination with other disciplines. Languages are highly versatile and complement most subjects.
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
The college organises yearly trips to France and Spain as well as film screenings in London cinemas and various trips to museums, language-related exhibitions and places of interest.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leyton Sixth Form College directly.