Health & Social Care - Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Sir Herbert Leon Academy
This qualification has ten core units:
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through the life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Psychological perspectives for health and social care
- Caring for children & young people
- Values & planning
For the duration of the course you will spend one day each week in work placement. Over the two years, most students attend three different placements in order to gain a variety of experiences. Whilst in placement you will build a portfolio of evidence which will include activity plans, reflective accounts, supervisor reports and reports of tutor visits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir Herbert Leon Academy directly.