History A Level at The King's School, Grantham
To encourage pupils to develop their interest in and enthusiasm for History, and an understanding of its intrinsic value and significance. Pupils will build on their understanding of the past through experiencing a broad and balanced course of study which looks at both British and European History. Over the two years pupils will develop the ability to ask relevant and significant questions about aspects of the past and understand that history is concerned with judgements based on evidence, and that judgements may conflict or change over time. By the end of the course pupils will have developed into independent learners and researchers and as critical and reflective thinkers.
- The British Empire 1914-1967
- Italy and Fascism 1926-1945
The school’s Published Admissions Number (PAN) is 30. This is the maximum number of places which will be available in Year 12 for candidates who have attended schools other than The King’s School in Year 11. The criteria for admission to the Sixth Form will be:
- 6 GCSE passes in different subjects at Grade B or better (to include Maths and English), with Grade B or better in at least 3 subjects to be studied at A Level;
- A viable programme of study of either 3 or more GCE AS Level subjects (excluding General Studies) or an Advanced Diploma plus one GCE AS Level subject.
If there are more applicants than places, places will be offered on the basis of overall GCSE performance calculated on a points system where A* = 58 points, A = 52 points, B = 46 points, C = 40 points, D = 34 points, E = 28 points, F = 22 points, G = 16 points, subject to the following:
- an applicant must meet the standards outlined in bullet point 1 above.
- priority will be given to candidates in the *care of the local authority.
In the event of a tie for the final place the following criterion will apply; distance from **home to school measured in a straight line by Microsoft MapPoint software between the post office address point of the home and the post office address point of the school.
If there are more applicants than places available in a particular AS Level subject, places in that subject will be allocated according to the following criteria in the order shown:
- GCSE grade in that subject (where applicable);
- Overall GCSE score (in terms of average points per subject entry).
- Mock Exam
Ring binder folder, file dividers, Writing pen, crayons, Ruler and pencil
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The King's School, Grantham directly.