Light Vehicle Maintenance Diploma IMI Level 1 at Weston College
The Light Vehicle Maintenance programme gives you the essential knowledge to develop your skills in a range of motor vehicle systems and has a high practical content. It is aimed at individuals seeking a career in the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Working safely
- Light vehicle components
- Automotive foundation skills
- Engine systems, components and operation.
Maths and English is a fundamental element of this study programme and will be embedded into your vocational learning. If you do not have a grade C in Maths and/or English you will attend a discrete GCSE or Functional Skills class as part of your weekly timetable.
There are no specific entry requirements for this study programme however you must demonstrate a commitment
to learning and ambition to succeed.
You will need to have an interest in motor vehicles and you will also be invited to an interview with a member of the course team.
We’ll assess what you know about the job and your skills in a number of ways, including:
- On-going workshop assessment
- IMI assessed observations of practical work
- IMI E-portfolio
- IMI online multiple choice question.
- Light Vehicle Maintenance, Level 2, Diploma
- Vehicle Maintenance, Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
- A job in the motor vehicle industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.