Warehousing and Storage Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
The Apprenticeship (Level 2) comprises of:
- Competence Based Element - Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage. This is a combined qualification incorporating competence and knowledge, which is separately assessed.
- Functional Skills - Communication Level 1, or Key Skills - Communication Level 1 and Application of Number Level 1, or Key Skills - Application of Number level 1
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities in the Logistics Industry
The aim of this Intermediate Apprenticeship is to provide the warehousing Industry with staff who have the knowledge, skills and confidence to help their businesses grow and to provide a career path for Apprentices to higher level jobs and qualifications.
Warehouse operatives, depending on the size of the company, undertake a range of duties, working alone or in a team, including loading/unloading of vehicles and selecting and packing customer orders, ensuring goods are ready for dispatch on time
For Apprentices taking this apprenticeship, employed status is the preferred route. Employed Status means that in order to complete the Intermediate Apprenticeship, the candidate must be employed by an employer working in the sector.
Applicants must be willing to work shifts, as part of a team and be good timekeepers. Employers are also interested in applicants who have basic literacy and numeracy skills on which this Apprenticeship will build.
Candidates can start work in Warehousing at 16, but to drive a forklift truck unsupervised candidates must be at least 18.
Training can be undertaken before then, but work must be supervised until candidates are 18.
The candidate's job role and range of activities will need to meet the qualification requirements.
- Logistics Operations Advanced Apprenticeship
- There are also opportunities to move into Level 3 (supervisory) jobs and training such as Traffic Office Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Transport Manager
- Supervisors and Managers may also wish to look at Foundation Degrees in logistics, transport planning, logistics operations and administration
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.