Media (Film & TV) BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma at Lambeth College
Our media courses are largely practical, providing you with a multitude of skills within a broad range of creative media production practices - essential to a career in the media industry where you will be expected to be multi-skilled.
You will receive hands-on experience by working on a range of projects with opportunities for you to gain experience working with professional mentors and media organisations, such as the BBC on exciting real world briefs.
You will study the following topics:
- Pre-production techniques
- Understanding resourcing requirements for production and post-production, locating resources and organising their deployment
- Managing the production of a media product from initial ideas through to completion
- Working to an industry standard brief from initial negotiations and developing ideas with the client
- How products are created for specific target audiences
- Film and video editing techniques
- Video technology – studio and location production techniques
- Stop motion animation production using traditional frame-by-frame methods to animate 3D materials such as objects, puppets, clay figures and other models
- Single camera techniques
- DVD menu design and authoring
- The creative media sector, available jobs, what they involve and how they might be obtained
- Television and film industries - job roles, working practices and regulation
- Research for creative media production
- Communication techniques in the media sector
- Additional pathways you can choose to specialise in as part of this extended diploma include:
- Film and television
- Radio production
- Interactive media
- Games development
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 2 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 5 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English or Maths, or equivalent vocational qualifications at Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.