Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 at Red Tape Central
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments. The role is very varied and although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they have to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during
The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference feels welcomed and looked after.
The Standard is made up of the apprentice being able to demonstate key knowledge, skills and behaviours. Some of these assement areas include:
- Understand the importance of meeting, and where possible, exceeding customer expectations in line with the business / brand standards.
- Check that customers are satisfied with products and services and act on feedback in line with business procedures.
- Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss.
- Clearly communicate relevant and useful information on products and services based on a clear understanding of customers’ needs.
- Understand how to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
The standards also include areas of specialism such as;
- alcoholic beverages
- Conference and Events Operations
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
Method of Delivery: Day release, 1 day per week at Sheaf Training Centre over 12 to 18 months.
The course culminates in an ‘End Point Assessment’ which takes place when both the tutor and employer feel the learner is capable of passing the independant assesment.
All learning towards the qualification is completed within our training centre and is enhanced by the experience gained within professional kitchens.
Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be onto a hospitality supervisory or team leading role.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.