Business BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at Caedmon College Whitby
This course looks at how businesses operate. It examines how management consider all aspects of business before making decisions that affect many people’s lives.
For the Subsidiary Diploma you have to study six units. There are four mandatory core units and two optional specialist units. The units that we study here are:
- The Business Environment – here we look at business ownership, organisation, size etc. and the influence of the business cycle and international matters
- Business Resources – how businesses manage their use of human, physical, financial, technological resources etc.
- Introduction to Marketing – Just that, a first look at the marketing of goods and services
- Business Communication – the theory and practise of communication in a business environment
- Introduction to Accounting – look at the purpose and use of a company’s final accounts (balance sheet, trading, and profit and loss account), cash flow forecast
- Creative Product Promotion – here we look at the marketing mix and the role of promotions within that, the work done by advertising agencies, and produce a simple promotional campaign.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caedmon College Whitby directly.