Applied Law at Neale-Wade Academy
This BTEC National Extended Certificate in Applied Law (2017) will inspire learners to study law and prepare for higher education or employment. They will:
· provide an introduction to the study of the legal sector
· give entrants to the sector the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to meet industry requirements
· allow students to develop the transferable and higher order skills so highly regarded by HE and employers.
You will study:
Three mandatory units:
· Dispute Solving in the Civil Law
· Investigating aspects of Criminal Law and the Legal System
· Applying the Law
Three optional units from a choice of:
· Contract Law
· Consumer Law
· Aspects of the Law of Tort
· Aspects of Family Law
The assessment is based on tasks, set and marked by Pearson, the awarding body, or assignments, set and marked by your teacher.
Each BTEC Nationals unit is individually graded either Pass, Merit or Distinction.
• Each unit contributes points proportionally to the overall grade allowing students to gain recognition in areas where they excel.
• A student’s final grade is decided by their performance across the qualification based on a combined total of points earned from assessments.
This course is in Block D
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.