Drama & Theatre Studies A-Level at Diss High School
- Are you interested in performing and the theatre?
- Do you like working with others and exploring new ideas?
- Are you interested in learning the techniques employed by influential theatre companies and practitioners?
If the answer is Yes to any of the above, then the Drama and Theatre Studies course is the course for you.
Taught by specialist course tutors, we follow the Edexcel examination specification.
AS Level consists of 2 units:
- Exploration of Drama and Theatre (40% of AS)
- Theatre Text in Performance (60% of AS)
A Level students take AS and then 2 further units:
- Exploration of Dramatic Performance (40% of A2)
- Theatre Text in Context (60% of A2)
Our ethos is to work alongside young people to study and create innovative and exciting pieces of contemporary theatre. Teaching methods employed include practical exploration, formal teaching of theory, individual student research and discussion.
The department invites theatre companies and professionals to run workshops at the centre to enrich your studies as well as offering ample opportunities to see inspirational pieces of live theatre.
You are required to have at least five Cs at GCSE including Maths and English Language at Grade C.
Sessions are taught in our purpose built drama studios which are equipped with lighting and sound technology as well as a state of the art Harlequin Activity Sprung flooring system which is suitable for physical theatre/ movement based workshops.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Diss High School directly.