Business A Level at Haslingden High School, Specialist Arts, Maths and Computing College
Business is a subject that provides not only a valuable A-level qualification but also an appreciation of the real world. From discovering how to start up a small business to exploring the management, operations, marketing and financial workings of huge corporations and the workings of the economy, the subject will suit those with an interest in current affairs and who enjoy TV programmes such as The Apprentice and Dragon’s Den.
- Unit 1: What is business?
- Unit 2: Managers, leadership and decision making
- Unit 3: Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Unit 4: Decision making to improve operational performance
- Unit 5: Decision making to improve financial performance
- Unit 6: Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Unit 7: Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Unit 8: Choosing strategic direction
- Unit 9: Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Unit 10: Managing strategic change
Preferred entry requirements: Grade 5 or above at both English & Maths. There is no requirement to have studied the subject at GCSE but a grade B or higher is required if the subject is taken.
This course is assessed entirely through final examinations.
An A-level in Business will particularly suit those looking to study or work in the following areas: accountancy, economics, business management, marketing, human resource management, logistics, banking or self employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haslingden High School, Specialist Arts, Maths and Computing College directly.