Extended Project Qualification at The Elmgreen School
Is this course for me?
The Extended Project Qualification gives you more control over your studies than ever before. You can choose to explore a further aspect of a subject you are studying, or another subject, or simply choose a topic that you have a personal interest in. The finished project can be a written report, a performance, a piece of art, a community project, a CD or DVD, or even computer software. This level of choice and flexibility means you are engaged and motivated and learn valuable research and project management skills along the way.
What will I learn? You will
- mature into critical, reflective and independent learners
- develop and apply decision-making and problem-solving skills
- increase planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- apply new technologies confidently
- demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise.
Delivery of the Extended Project Qualification will involve some teaching of the relevant skills plus mentoring and supervision of your progress. It will also involve extended independent work and will require in total up to 120 guided learning hours.
You will be required to:
- Choose an area of interest
- Plan, research and carry out the project
- Provide evidence of all stages of project production
- Deliver a presentation to a specified audience
What opportunities does the Extended Project Qualification offer?
- You have a significant input in the choice and design of the project and take responsibility either for an individual task or for defined task within a group project.
- You will develop and improve your own learning and performance as a critical, reflective and independent learner.
- You will develop and apply decision making and, where appropriate, problem solving skills.
- You will extend your planning, research, critical thinking, · analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills.
- You will develop and apply skills creatively, demonstrating initiative and enterprise.
The Extended Project Qualification will be graded on a six grade scale: A*, A, B, C, D, E. Candidates who fail to reach the minimum standard for grade E will be recorded as U (unclassified) and will not receive a qualification certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Elmgreen School directly.