Bench Joinery Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
This Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship will suit individuals who are starting a role as a Site Carpenter or Bench Joiner within a construction environment, offering a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to develop in this career path.
Below is an exhaustive list of units which can be undertaken, some of which are optional and some are mandatory dependent upon the route which the apprentice is taking (Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery) and the units which the apprentice chooses in relation to their work activities:
- Conforming to general health safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the workplace
- Installing first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
- Manufacturing routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Marking out from setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Producing setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations (Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery) has been designed to enable students to progress directly into employment in the construction sector as a Site Carpenter or Bench Joiner or advance to further studies at Level 3. This course will also suit existing Site Carpenters or Bench Joiners assisting them to gain a qualification that will enhance their career prospects or progress onto further study at advanced level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.