Business Studies (Cambridge Technical) at The Grove School
Business Studies (Cambridge Technical) is offered at Level 2/3 to students at Grove
Cambridge Technical Level 2/3 Qualifications
These courses are designed with the workplace in mind and are the equivalent of GCSEs
(Level 2) and A Levels (Level 3). Students complete a portfolio of evidence and there is
currently no written examination.
OCR Level 2 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
Students study 4 units from:-
1. Business purposes-The main features, characteristics and purposes of business.
2. Business organisations-The various types of business, functional areas and long-
term and short-term aims.
3. Financial forecasting for business-The principles of finance, classification of costs
and how to forecast financial activity.
4. People in organisations-The skills needed in business, the recruitment process and
5. The marketing plan-Understanding the 4Ps of marketing, how to create an online
marketing plan and develop promotional activities.
6. Verbal and non-verbal communications in business contexts-The importance of
verbal and non-verbal communications, how to use verbal communications in a
number of business contexts and practise different styles.
7. Business communication through documentation-Understanding why written
documents are important in business, the different audiences and stakeholders, and
applying knowledge to a number of scenarios.
8. Training and employment in business-Understanding the legal rights and
responsibilities of employees and employers, support in the workplace through
motivation, job satisfaction and teamwork.
9. Personal selling in business-The impact of effective sales and promotional activity,
techniques used and the knowledge and skills required for a sales role.
10. Customer relations in business-The importance of customer relations in any
business, how presentation and interpersonal skills are used, and processes to
monitor and evaluate service.
11. Business online-As more and more businesses go online to find new audiences, this
unit explores the issues associated with doing business online and what makes an
12. Business ethics-Understanding the differences between business ethics and
business values, how ethics go beyond the legal requirements and challenge
13. Bookkeeping for business-Complete and use common financial documents in the
workplace and understanding the impact of financial fraud on a business.OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Certificate/Diploma/Extended Diploma
Students study units from the following:-
1. The business environment
2. Business resources
3. Introduction to marketing
4. Business accounting
5. Human resource management in business
6. Business communication
7. Financial accounting
8. Management accounting
9. Creative product promotion
10. Market research in business
11. Internet marketing in business
12. Recruitment and selection in business
13. Development planning for a career in business
14. Managing a business event
15. Developing teams in business
16. Aspects of contract and business law
17. Understanding health and safety in the
18. Business project management
19. Website design strategy
20. Understanding business ethics
21. Business and the economic environment
22. International business
4 GCSE s at grade D in four different subjects
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Grove School directly.