Accessibility links

Art & Design GCSE (AQA) at Ryburn Valley High School

Course description

Your standard will improve and you will have 2 or 3 lessons a week. You will work with your Art teacher and use a wide range of equipment and materials, maintain a homework sketch book and study artists and designers working now and from the past. A great deal of importance is placed upon sketch books. Work will be exciting, bold and increasingly represent your own strengths and interests. You must work with commitment and enthusiasm, and you will have access to the Art Rooms at lunchtimes and after school.At the end of the course in Year 11, the best of your class work and homework is assessed – giving a maximum of 60% towards your final grade. In the March of your final year you will do an examination or controlled test over a period of 10 hours which represents the remaining 40%. You will present your work in a final exhibition assessed by your Art teacher and a moderator.

Future opportunities

You could take this course to prepare for advanced level courses such as an A/AS Level in Art and Design or you may need to strengthen your grades by completing a foundation or intermediate vocational qualification.With further training, you could go into a job related to art and design such as an Architect, Interior Designer or Art Teacher.You could also go straight into employment and do further training or part time study with the support of your employer.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ryburn Valley High School directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

Venues