Children and Young Peoples Workforce Advanced Apprenticeship at Epping Forest College
This apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to begin a rewarding career in the childcare sector. You will gain an understanding of child development, putting your theory into practice in the workplace. On successful competition you may choose to pursue roles in nurseries, schools or other early years settings.
This advanced apprenticeship is equivalent to two A levels. Mandatory units include:
- Engaging in personal development in health, social care of children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s setting
- Understanding how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Understanding how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Promoting child and young person development
You will also select from a range of optional units which may include:
- Supporting children and young people to have positive relationships
- Coordinating special educational needs provision
- Working with children and young people in a residential care setting
- Supporting children’s speech, language and communication
Required to achieve GCSEs in English and Mathematics at grade C or above, if you have not previously achieved this, as part of your advanced apprenticeship.
If you are completing the advanced apprenticeship you will be required to achieve GCSEs in English and Mathematics at grade C or above, if you have not previously achieved this, as part of your advanced apprenticeship.
You need to be aged 16 or over and working for 30 hours a week or more. Apprenticeship programmes require a level of English and Maths which we can help you to achieve through the completion of functional skills.
Online Test/ Practical work/Assignments/ WitnessTestimony/Observation in the workplace
Materials will be discussed at interview with the Workforce Development apprenticeship team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Epping Forest College directly.