Level 2 Motor Vehicle Studies at Leeds City College
An advanced progression from level 1 motor vehicle fitting to Level 2 Certificate giving further skills and insight into light vehicle technology.
Students will have a choice of either:
- Body Repair, or
Choice will be made after discussion at interview.
Units of work to achieve are :-
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment.
- Routine light vehicle maintenance.
- Removing & replacing light vehicle engine units and components.
- Removing & replacing light vehicle chassis units and components.
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods.
By undertaking this course, you will be building upon your knowledge of motor vehicles with an understanding of the principles and workings of light vehicles and body repair.
If you are under 19 and you do not already have English & Maths GCSE grades 4-9 or equivalent you will be required to undertake GCSE or Functional Skills alongside your main qualification.
You will be assessed on your practical ability and understanding using a range of tasks set by the awarding body, workshop assessment, a portfolio of evidence and a unit end test.
Progression to Level 3 Motor vehicle studies.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.