ICT Single Option at Sleaford Joint Sixth form
Aims of the Course
This course aims to encourage students develop:
* develop candidates’ knowledge and understanding of the ICT sector and the chosen specialist pathway if selected
* develop candidates’ skills, knowledge and understanding in contexts that are directly relevant to employment situations, thereby enhancing their employability within the ICT sector
* develop candidates’ ability to work autonomously and effectively in an ICT context
* enable candidates to develop knowledge and understanding in specialist areas of ICT, and demonstrate the skills needed to participate in the operation and development of real ICT organisations
* encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that candidates will need to access further or higher education programmes or occupational training on a full-time or part-time basis
* encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that candidates will need to enter employment or enhance their current employment status
* promote interaction between employers, centres and candidates by relating teaching and assessment to real organisations.
Students will have been assessed in IT skills at Key Stage 3 and many will have followed a course in IT and Key Stage 4. Whilst not assuming the full knowledge and understanding of the subject at Key Stage 4, this course assumes that all students will have a basic understanding and knowledge of both the hardware and software of a standard, stand-alone computer system.
For students wishing to take an Advanced Level course where they have taken the subject at GCSE, a grade B in the subject at GCSE is generally expected. Students with a grade C in the subject, may in exceptional circumstances be allowed to continue onto the Advanced Level course provided they have the strong support of their current teachers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sleaford Joint Sixth form directly.