Community Sports Leadership Level 2 Award at Hitchin Boys' School
The course is designed to develop a variety of personal, leadership and key skills, all applied in a practical environment.
This is a one-year course and you will cover the following:
- Contribute to organising and delivering a sports activity session
- Establishing and maintaining a safe sporting activity
- Understanding the structure of sport and recreation in the uk or home country
- Understanding and leading fitness sessions
- Principles and practice in running sporting events and competitions
- Principles and practice in adapting sports activities
- Select plan and lead on an appropriate sporting activity
- Demonstration of leadership skills in the community
As much of the course as possible is presented through practical sessions. The development of observation and evaluation techniques will be used in each unit.
You will be assessed by the tutor throughout the course on attendance, leadership skills, planning and organising, evaluation and written evidence. In addition an external verifier will observe a practical assessment and a report will be submitted by the supervisor of the voluntary leadership experience.
For intermediate level or Level 2 courses, the minimum entry requirements are 5 A*-G at GCSE or equivalent.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hitchin Boys' School directly.