BTEC Travel & Tourism Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Hope Academy
- The course is offered a two year programme.
- Units consist of a range of tasks which develop knowledge and understanding of the Travel and Tourism sector and its component industries.
- Evidence is presented through portfolio work in a variety of ways, such as reports, promotional materials, presentations and role plays.
The course consists of 4 mandatory units and a range of optional units.
In the first year, the following units will be covered:
Unit 1 – Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
Unit 3 – The UK as a Destination
Unit 4 – Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
In the second year, the following unit will be covered:
Unit 2 – The Business of Travel and Tourism
And a further two units from:
Unit 6 – Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
Unit 7 – European Holiday Destinations
Unit 8 – Long Haul Travel Destinations
Unit 10 – Business Travel Operations
- An interest in Travel and Tourism.
- At least a Merit if you have studied B-TEC Level 2 Travel and Tourism.
- A good range of ICT skills would be beneficial.
- An ability to work independently on portfolio work and meet deadlines.
All coursework based.
- HND, HNC and Degree courses such as Tourism Management, Hospitality Management, Sport Tourism, Cultural Tourism.
- Employment prospects – in the Travel and Tourism industry (which the largest and fastest growing industry in the world), e.g. Airlines, Airports, Tour Operators, Travel Agents, etc. There are many opportunities to work overseas in the travel and tourism industry.
- You will pick up a range of transferable skills such as communication, organisational and research skills which can be used in many other areas of employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.