Music Level 2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This is a highly practical and creative course introducing students to the varied aspects of the contemporary music industry including performance skills and creative work. The Level 2 Diploma in Music will be taught over one year. Students will develop the necessary skills to progress onto a Level 3 music course through the study of a range of practical and theoretical units.
In the Level 2 Diploma in Music you will study a range of practical and related theoretical
- The Music Industry
- Managing a Music Project
- Professional Skills in Music
- Music Production Analysis
- Music Showcase
- Researching a Music Topic
- Introducing Music Performance
- Introducing Music Theory
- Exploring Music Improvisation
- Music Ensemble Performance Skills
- Producing a Music Recording
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A*- D including English or Maths at grade C or above
- A satisfactory reference
- Performance ability on either an instrument or as a vocalist
The majority of your progress will be assessed internally and measured in a number of ways including practical projects, written assignments and internal assessment throughout the course. You will receive information about this through verbal feedback and written feedback from an assignment or project, and grading of your work. Certain units will be assessed externally. Functional skills and GCSEs are assessed with an examination.
Successful students will be able to progress to a level 3 qualification in music.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.