Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at Hartlepool College of Further Education
This course targets those students who wish to prepare for a career in the construction (Site Carpentry) industry, extending their previous experience, knowledge and skills, achieved during Level 1.
The content of this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Health & Safety
- Storage and Handling
- Communication Methods in the Construction Industry
- Estimating Material Quantities
- Knowledge of Building Technology
- First Fixing Operations
- Second Fixing Operations
- Erect Structural Carcassing
- Carry Out Maintenance
- Set Up and Operate a Circular Saw
- Functional Skills (English, Maths or IT)
- Level 2 Environmental Awareness Short Course
Level 1 is preferred.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
A variety of assessment methods are used including:
- Portfolios of Evidence
- Multiple-choice End Tests
- Exams for Functional Skills
- On-line Tests
- Practical Synoptic Tests
The course will prepare students for entry to the CSkills Diploma Level 3 Site Carpentry or progression to an apprenticeship if available.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, visits and skills competitions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hartlepool College of Further Education directly.