Front of House Reception - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme covers a range of front of house reception skills for staff involved in front office and reception activities such as dealing with the arrival of customers.
SUITABLE FOR: Those seeking or employed in their first role within front of house reception positions within the hospitality industry, in the setting of hotels, restaurants, clubs, conference and banqueting venues.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Front of House Reception
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Deal with communications as part of the reception function
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Leadership and Supervision or other Management Training at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.