Government & Politics AS & A Level at Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre
Government and Poltics is the study of the means by which we govern ourselves and how the institutions of our democracy function.
The course is designed to enoucrage interest and enthusiasm into political beliefs central to an understanding of the modern world.
This course will provide a structured foundation of political knowledge with an emphasis on contemporary to eventually specialise in one chosen area.
There are four units studied, namely:
- Unit 1 - People and Poltics, participation and democracy.
- Unit 2 - Govering the UK, the effectiveness of Poltical institutions.
- Unit 3 - Representative Processes in the USA
- Unit 4 - Ideological Tradition
Route 1 - Grade B in a related subject
Route 2 - Grade B in a related subject
Route 3 - Not available
Each of the units are assessed by examination:
- Unit 1 - Written exam 1 hour 20 mins
- Unit 2 - Written exam 1 hour 20 mins
- Unit 3 - Written exam 1 hour 30 mins
- Unit 4 - Written exam 1 hour 30 mins
This subject is useful for career paths such as journalism, teaching, armed forces, local and national politics, the legal profession etc. The qualification fits well with History, Law, Economics and Sociology but is a useful subject for most career opportunities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.