Business (Marketing Management) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving you access to Higher Education or to a wide variety of Business careers. You will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in business and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
During this course you will study a total of eighteen units. Four core units will provide a general foundation and fourteen specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
- The business environment
- Business resources
- Introduction to marketing
- Business communication
Specialist units will include:
- Creative product promotion
- Internet marketing
- Recruitment and selection
- Managing a business event
- Developing teams in business
- Starting a small business
- Business accounting
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs Grade A*-C, ideally to include English Language and Maths
- A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma) in a Business related subject at Merit grade or above with Functional Skills English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma units are assessed through project and assignment work. There are no external examinations. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to;
- Apply to study a Higher Education course such as a HNC/D or a Degree in Business or a Business related subject
- Pursue career opportunities in Business specialisms such as Management, Marketing, Human Resources and Finance
- Progress within employment to professional qualifications such as those offered by the Chartered Institutes of Marketing, Management, Accountants and Personnel & Development
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.