Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Doncaster College
This course is intended to enable students to explore a range of areas within the health services. It will provide knowledge, understanding and skills required for further education or future employment in the health and care sectors.
The course comprises eight units, four core and four optional units covering a wide aspect of Health and Social care and includes Functional Skills in communication and application of number.
You will cover:
- Communication in Adult Social Care
- Diversity Equality and Duty of Care
- in Health, Social Care or Children’s
- and Young People’s Settings
- Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
- Person Centred Approaches
- Health and Safety
- How to Handle Information.
- Four GCSE’s grades D and above including Mathematics and English
- Health and Social Care Level 1
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Mathematics and English and attend an interview.
All evidence is completed through practical written work in the form of assignments over the one year programme.
- Health and Social Care Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Apprenticeships in Healthcare Support Services
- Higher Education Courses in Health and Social Care
- Access to Higher Education Nursing Midwifery (OCN) Level 3
- Access to Higher Education Social Work (OCN) Level 3
This qualification will provide opportunities in careers such as Home Care Worker, Residential Care Worker and Personal Assistant. After further study this qualification will also provide opportunities in careers including National Health Careers including Nursing, Social Work, Family Support, Youth and Community Work and Probation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.