Mechanical Engineering - Level 2 at South Devon College
This Level 2 apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering will take twelve months to complete, with you attending the College for one day per week to gain theoretical knowledge, whilst working for a recognised engineering company for the remaing four days. The apprenticeship combines competency based learning (in the workplace) and knowledge based learning, which is assessed through exams and assignments. You will also be given the opportunity to complete qualifcations in maths, English and ICT, if required. Upon completion, you will have a broad skillset that enables you to continue progressing in this dynamic and rewarding industry.
What will I learn?
- Engineering environment awareness
- Engineering techniques
- Engineering principles
- Material processes
- Turning and milling
- Grinding techniques
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade C or above
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.